Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm "in Cahoots" on Selby and Snelling

Today I had a chance to stop by at a new coffee shop on Selby and Snelling Ave near O' Garas Irish Pub. It's called "Cahoots" so naturally I'm now in cahoots. A quite nice ambient atmosphere with the Mediteranien arts, crafts, paintings, mediteranian greeting cards, and rugs. Even the music they play has lured the local people. When I walked around this coffee shop, I found that it was much larger than I expected. They even have an outdoor seating area where the customers enjoy sipping coffee in the sunshine. Customers who come here mostly are students and uptown-like guys/girls.

I glanced up to see the menu on the blackboard behind the barista. Besides regular coffee such as Mocha, Aulait, Latte, Machiatto, they have some unusual coffee like Turkish coffee, Moroccan coffee, Thai coffee, and some unusual herbal loose tea. I also saw that Cahoots offers a small range of Mediterian food such as Stuffed Grape Leaves, Hummus Plate, Croissant Sandwich, Folaccia Sandwich.

Since this is a new place that I have ever been to, I only tried a 'regular' dark chocolate mocha and my partner tried Thai coffee. The Mocha had a good flavor, delightful aroma, bitter-sweetness of chocolate, and light cream, but still a lack of full bodiness. Thai coffee (espresso with hot water mixed with condense milk) was bit too sweet to me but was not too bad. Next time I think I would try something different like "Moraccan Mocha" or "Turkish Mocha" if they can make it.

Overall I had a pleasant experience, friendly staff, homey place, and plenty of space if you want to spend time to broadband.

2 comments:

Ronin said...

Way to go my friend! Hope your dream of having your own coffee shop comes true soon :)

Unknown said...

This is a great start! You have a house and dog. Now all you need is a BMW and a coffee shop.